After we decided we were going to find a solution to help women with night sweats, we began to pour over research about various textiles. We learned about all different kinds of fibers. While most pajamas are made of polyester, we learned from experts, that polyester actually holds in heat. Heat actually gets trapped between the fabric and you skin, making you hotter. So, that was a no-go, even though polyester would have been the most economical way to make pajamas.
A medical expert and consultant told us if we wanted a product that would actually wick away moisture and help keep us cool, we needed natural fibers.
We headed to a fabric show in Chicago, where we spent hours learning about and touching fabric. That's where we felt for the first time rayon from bamboo.
Here are the top 5 things we love about our cooling, comfortable pajamas and why we choose the blend of fabric to help us all sleep cooler:
1. It is highly sweat absorbent, which means it pulls moisture away from your skin for evaporation, and that keeps you dry.
2. It's breathable, so when it wicks away moisture, it evaporates quickly, instead of sticking to your skin.
3. It is also insulating, which is how it keeps you cool when you’re hot and warm when you’re cold.
4. It holds up wash after wash. Instead of using just one fiber, this fabric blends rayon from bamboo with cotton and spandex. The cotton is also super breathable, plus, it helps give CoolRevolution PJs a nice drape that keeps its shape wash-after-wash!
5. It’s super soft and feels a lot like silk against your skin. It’s one of the softest fabrics available.
There are other things that make rayon from bamboo a great choice for soft, comfortable pajamas (or any clothing, really). It’s anti static. It’s also UV protective, cutting up to 98 percent of harmful UV rays. Of course, we also love that bamboo is sustainable, because bamboo is quick growing and doesn’t require the use of pesticides and herbicides. It really has been the perfect fabric for cooling pajamas. We hope you’ll like them as much as we do. If you haven’t already, click here to order.