After we decided we were going to find a solution to help women with night sweats, we began to pour over research about various textiles. We learned about all different kinds of fibers. While most pajamas are made of polyester, we learned from experts, that polyester actually holds in heat. Heat actually gets trapped between the fabric and you skin, making you hotter. So, that was a no-go, even though polyester would have been the most economical way to make pajamas.
A medical expert and consultant told us if we wanted a product that would actually wick away moisture and help keep us cool, we needed natural fibers.
We kept reading about the benefits of fabrics made from bamboo. The more we read, the more intrigued we were.
Bamboo is fantastic for a lot of reasons. Here are the top 5 things we love about our cooling, comfortable pajamas and why we choose the blend of fabric to help us all sleep cooler:
1. It is highly sweat absorbent, which means it pulls moisture away from your skin for evaporation, and that keeps you dry. One study found that bamboo can absorb up to three times its weight in water. That’s a lot of sweat.
2. Bamboo is breathable, so when it wicks away moisture, it evaporates quickly, instead of sticking to your skin.
3. It is also insulating, which is how it keeps you cool when you’re hot and warm when you’re cold.
4. It’s naturally antibacterial, so it keeps you odor free. Plus, it’s less likely to cause allergic reactions like a lot of fibers, such as wool and hemp. It retains its antibacterial qualities wash after wash.
5. It’s super soft and feels a lot like silk against your skin. It’s one of the softest fabrics available. Even when bamboo is spun with cotton (which our CoolRevolution PJs are made of), it retains all the same qualities and feels light and airy.
There are other things that make bamboo a great choice for soft, comfortable pajamas (or any clothing, really). It’s anti static. It’s also UV protective, cutting up to 98 percent of harmful UV rays. Of course, we also love that bamboo is sustainable, because bamboo is quick growing and doesn’t require the use of pesticides and herbicides. It really has been the perfect fabric for cooling pajamas. We hope you’ll like them as much as we do. If you haven’t already, click here to order.